Your Charlottesville Light Gauge Steel Framing and Supplies Leader
Commonwealth Building Materials maintains a complete line of ready-to-deliver metal framing systems for both your home and commercial building needs.
- Our Charlottesville yard carries one of the largest in-stock inventories of metal framing studs and track system accessories.
- We offer steel frames that are crafted from mill-certified galvanized steel and are available in a variety of sizes, lengths, and weights.
- We can also have your light gauge steel framing cut to length to meet your specifications.
Our experts at the yard will help you determine which Charlottesville light gauge metal framing and metal stud sizes best suit your building needs. Products available in Charlottesville include:
- Light gauge steel framing studs and track – designed for use in interior non-load bearing designs, manufactured in thicknesses from 15-33 mils
- Heavy gauge metal framing studs, track and joists – designed for use in curtain wall and load bearing applications, manufactured in 20 gauge to 16 gauge with flange/leg sizes ranging from 1 ¼ inch to 3 inches
- Shaft wall studs, track and jamb struts – created as rigid high performance products to maintain shaft wall integrity, manufactured in 25 gauge, 20 gauge and 18 gauge
Our products offer customers a practical and cost-effective solution for attaching fire and acoustic rated walls, stairwells, bulkheads and corridor ceilings to internal and non-load bearing dividers.
Our partners in steel framing are some of the best in the business.
Commonwealth Building Materials is proud to offer manufacturer support for all the construction facets of heavy or light gauge steel framing and related accessories. We carry a wide variety of steel from top-rated manufacturers like:
- Flex-Ability Concepts
- JN Linrose
- MBA Metal Framing
- Niles Building Products
- Philips Manufacturing
- Radius Track
- Southeastern Stud
- Steel Structural Systems
- Super Stud
- The Steel Network
When you order your steel framing from Commonwealth, our highly trained Charlottesville staff can deliver it to your jobsite using state of the art fleet. We also offer full stock and scatter service, which means we will place the steel exactly where you need it. Or if you prefer, you may will call orders ahead of time for pickup at our Charlottesville yard.
We carry heavy and light gauge metal frames in Charlottesville.
Part of our commitment to customer service includes keeping a full range of steel accessories in stock for home building and commercial construction jobs. Our products include:
- Angles/LFR/Shinny 90 – available in multiple sizes and gauges
- Cold rolled channel – available in multiple gauges
- Fire track – available in multiple sizes
- Flat straps – available in multiple widths and gauges
- Flex track – available in multiple widths and gauges
- Furring/hat channel – available in multiple sizes and gauges
- Low wall/knee wall support – available for multiple wall heights and widths
- Metal lath – available in different types (expanded, flat, hi rib, etc.)
- RC/resilient channel – available pre-punched with a ½” depth
- Security mesh – available as heavy gauge mesh
- Slotted track – available in 25 gauge to 14 gauge
- Steel clips – available in 16 gauge, 14 gauge and 12 gauge
We work hard to ensure we have everything you need to properly install and finish your metal framing studs for commercial and residential construction.
Your steel framing is an important base for your design, but what about the ceiling? Check out our selection of acoustic ceiling tiles in our Charlottesville yard.
Commonwealth Building Materials – Charlottesville, VA
169 Starlite Park Dr
Troy, VA 22974