Your One-Stop Shop for Norfolk Mold Resistant Drywall, Joint Compound and Finishing Supplies
Commonwealth Building Materials provides a full line of residential and commercial sheetrock and drywall finishing products.
- We provide the most advanced options in Norfolk for types I-V construction designs.
- Our expert staff will help you select and order the best drywall and joint compound needed to complete your residential or commercial project.
In Norfolk, selecting the right products for your drywall project is critical for a long-lasting, professional job. Therefore, the inventory in our Norfolk yard covers a variety of needs. Our products include:
- Regular drywall
- Fire resistant drywall
- Mildew resistant drywall
- Mold resistant drywall
We stock in standard sheetrock sizes by top manufacturers such as National Gypsum, Panel Rey, and USG. We even supply sheets in beveled and tapered finishes.
Our top-rated drywall is perfect for all commercial and home uses.
Some common drywall applications include:
- Carport, porch and semi-exposed structural areas
- Fire retardant applications
- New construction
- Patchwork and quick fixes
- Remodeling and expansions
- Soundproofing walls
- Waterproofing walls
Our Norfolk yard also carries a wide range of specialty products in stock or ready to order.
- Glass mat panels, which are known for being water resistant and stronger than conventional gypsum board, can be very helpful when working in storm prone and high humidity environments and work well with our Norfolk mildew resistant drywall and mold resistant drywall.
- For the under-layer for ceramic tiles, we sell tile backer. Easier to handle than cement board, it is ideal for bathroom remodeling, pool areas, and many other high humidity or wet areas.
Based on our years of experience working in surrounding areas of Norfolk, mold resistant drywall, joint compound and various finishing products are top-of-mind among our specific recommendations to give your interior walls and ceilings a smooth, professional finished look. The cost of mold resistant drywall can be expensive, but we guarantee competitive pricing in our Norfolk yard. Call us for a consult on the best drywall or specialty products for the Virginia climate.
Make sure to pick up joint treatment with your drywall order.
We know no job is complete without the proper compound. Our inventory of options include:
- Taping light joint compounds
- Setting type joint compounds
- Ready-mix joint compounds
The flexibility and plastic qualities of drywall joint compound also makes it useful in decorative appliques that range from texturing to architectural embellishments. Our joint compound mixtures are available in a range from slow-drying to quick-drying to suit specific needs of:
- Home owners
Commonwealth Building Materials has partnered with top manufacturers to ensure quality drywall and finishing products are provided for our customers. Gold Bond, Ruco and USG’s Plus 3 products are just some of the big name brands we carry. Our expert construction staff and top notch delivery fleet can deliver to your commercial and residential sites to help keep your project on track and on time. Let us help you determine what will work best to create your desired finish.
Drywall is one thing – of course what’s beneath it is critical. How good is your steel framing? Read all about our quality local selection in Norfolk, VA.
Commonwealth Building Materials – Norfolk, VA
401 Naval Base Rd.
Norfolk, VA 23505