Your Local Sheetrock Drywall Supply Company
Commonwealth Building Materials offers a full selection of drywall products in a variety of sheet sizes and thicknesses. As a leading drywall supply company, we work hard to continually provide innovative solutions for types I-V construction applications. Each of our yards stocks an extensive inventory of products that includes standard sheetrock, glass-mat panels and specialty products. Our inventory includes:
- Regular drywall – composed of a firm gypsum core wrapped in paper, available in a variety sizes and thicknesses
- Fire-rated/Type X drywall – with protective additives and glass fiber reinforcements, useful for interior walls and ceilings
- Non-paper faced drywall – covered front and back with fiberglass for water resistance, helping to also deter mold
- Moisture and mold resistant drywall – with advanced sheetrock technology, providing enhanced protection to inhibit mold development
- Impact resistant drywall – with a dense gypsum core reinforced by glass fiber, useful for high traffic areas
- Tilebacker – offering customers a unique moisture- and mold-resistant board, ideal for wet areas such as bathrooms, floors and kitchens
- Shaft wall liner – made with a special type of moisture-resistant panel, generally also fire-resistant
We stock our sheetrock in standard sizes ranging from 1/4” to 5/8” thickness, and we also offer sheets in tapered and beveled finishes for easy installation.
How we’re different.
Commonwealth Building Materials believes that a quality drywall product – delivered on time – is an essential part of a professional construction project. Whether you’re working on a large commercial building or a smaller personal residence, our knowledgeable professionals will make sure you have the exact sheetrock you need to complete your job on time and to design specifications.
Commonwealth Building Materials sets itself apart from other drywall suppliers by offering superior customer service, a proven track record of employee safety, and consistent on-time delivery service. Choosing our company as your supplier means you can expect:
- Timely drywall delivery that includes full stock and scatter service
- A full range of in-stock sheetrock products to meet the needs of every type of construction job
- Pre- and post-delivery inspections of jobsites to ensure your drywall is protected during storage and that the location is safe for delivery
- A company-wide focus on safety and OSHA compliance for all employees, which includes staffing two full-time safety managers and a field supervisor
- Attention to proper transport so that all of your drywall is protected from the elements and other sources of damage
As an added convenience, our customers may also call orders in ahead of time for pickup at a local yard if desired.
Is there a sheetrock drywall supplier near me?
Commonwealth’s six convenient locations means there is likely a yard near you. Each of our locations offers delivery service within a 70 mile radius so that customers across Virginia have access to a professional drywall supply company for all of their commercial and residential construction projects. We are locally operated but have the backing of Gypsum Management & Supply, Inc. – the leading drywall distributor in the United States.
Looking for finishing products to seal your sheetrock drywall? View our full selection of Joint Treatment and Finishes.