Steel Framing in the Lengths and Gauges You Need
Commonwealth Building Materials carries one of the largest in-stock inventories of metal framing and accessories in the marketplace. We can also have your steel cut to length to meet your specifications. Our steel comes in a variety of sizes and lengths, and includes light gauge steel, heavy gauge steel, shaft wall separation and a full selection of steel accessories.
- Light gauge steel studs and track – designed for use in interior non-load bearing applications, manufactured in thicknesses from 15-33 mils
- Heavy gauge steel studs, track and joists – designed for use in curtain wall and load bearing applications, manufactured in 20 gauge to 16 gauge with flange/leg sizes ranging from 1 ¼ inch to 3 inches
- Shaft wall studs, track and jamb struts – created as rigid high performance products to maintain shaft wall integrity, manufactured in 25 gauge, 20 gauge and 18 gauge
All of our steel framing is crafted from mill-certified galvanized steel. Our products offer customers a practical and economical solution for attaching drywall to internal and non-load bearing partitions, fire and acoustic rated walls, stairwells, bulkheads and corridor ceilings.
Our steel framing brands are the best in the business.
Commonwealth Building Materials is proud to offer full manufacturer support for all technical and engineering aspects of our steel framing and accessories. We carry a large selection of steel from the following manufacturers:
- Flex-Ability Concepts
- MBA Metal Framing
- Niles Building Products
- Phillips Manufacturing
- Radius Track
- Steel Structural Systems
- Super Stud
- The Steel Network
- JN Linrose
When you order your steel faming from us, Commonwealth’s trained professionals will deliver it to your jobsite with full stock and scatter service, which means we will place the steel exactly where you need it. Customers may also will call orders ahead of time for pickup at a local yard.
We carry all types of steel accessories.
Part of our commitment to superior customer service includes stocking a full range of steel accessories for residential and commercial construction jobs. Our products include:
- Steel clips – available in 16 gauge, 14 gauge and 12 gauge
- Flat straps – available in multiple widths and gauges
- Furring/hat channel – available in multiple sizes and gauges
- Angles/LFR/Shiny 90 – available in multiple sizes and gauges
- RC/resilient channel – available pre-punched with a ½” depth
- Cold rolled channel – available in multiple gauges
- Slotted track – available in 25 gauge to 14 gauge
- Fire track – available in multiple sizes
- Flex track – available in multiple widths and gauges
- Security mesh – available as heavy gauge mesh
- Metal lath – available in different types (expanded, flat, hi rib, etc.)
- Low wall/knee wall support – available for multiple wall heights and widths
We recognize that steel framing has become one of the best alternative building materials for commercial and residential construction, so we make sure that we’ve got everything you need to properly install and finish your metal framing and track.
Now that you have your steel framing needs taken care of, what about your acoustical ceiling tiles? Come see what we have in store for you.