Leader of Cold Formed Metal Framing in Harrisonburg
Commonwealth Building Materials maintains a comprehensive line of cold formed metal framing to deliver for your commercial and residential building needs.
- Our Harrisonburg yard carries one of the largest in-stock inventories of steel framing studs and track system accessories.
- Our steel frames are crafted from mill-certified galvanized steel and are offered in a variety of stud sizes, lengths, and weights.
- Metal framing in our Harrisonburg yard’s product inventory includes a full selection of steel fittings, light gauge steel, and shaft wall separation.
Cold formed metal framing provides a practical and economical solution for hanging drywall on internal walls. The experts at the Harrisonburg location will help you decide which cold formed steel framing and what metal stud sizes best suit your building needs.
We have the lengths and gauges you need for your cold formed steel framing.
At Commonwealth Building Materials, we have one of the largest in-stock inventories of metal framing and accessories in the business. Our steel comes in a variety of sizes and lengths, and includes:
All of our steel framing is crafted from mill-certified galvanized steel. We can also have your steel cut to length to meet your individual specifications. Some of our Harrisonburg inventory includes:
- Light gauge steel studs and track – designed for use in interior non-load bearing applications, manufactured in thicknesses from 15-33 mils
- Heavy gauge steel studs, track and joists – designed for use in curtain wall and load bearing applications, manufactured in 20 gauge to 16 gauge with flange/leg sizes ranging from 1¼ inch to 3 inches
- Shaft wall studs, track and jamb struts – created as rigid high performance products to maintain shaft wall integrity, manufactured in 25 gauge, 20 gauge and 18 gauge
Our materials offer customers a practical and economical option for hanging drywall to internal and non-load bearing partitions, fire rated and acoustic rated walls, stairwells, bulkheads and corridor ceilings.
Our cold formed metal framing brands are the best in the business.
Commonwealth Building Materials has partnered with some of the top manufacturers in the industry to provide the best quality products for our customers. This also allows us to offer support for technical and engineering portions of our steel framing and accessories. Our brands include:
- Flex-Ability Concepts
- JN Linrose
- MBA Metal Framing
- Niles Building Products
- Philips Manufacturing
- Radius Track
- Southeastern Stud
- Steel Structural Systems
- Super Stud
- The Steel Network
When you order your steel framing from us, Commonwealth’s knowledgeable staff and innovative fleet will deliver it to your jobsite with full stock and scatter service, which means we will place the steel exactly where you need it.
We carry all types of steel accessories.
Part of our commitment to superior customer service includes stocking a full range of steel accessories for residential and commercial construction jobs. Products carried in our Harrisonburg yard include:
- Steel clips – available in 16 gauge, 14 gauge and 12 gauge
- Flat straps – available in multiple widths and gauges
- Furring/hat channel – available in multiple sizes and gauges
- Angles/LFR/Shinny 90 – available in multiple sizes and gauges
- RC/resilient channel – available pre-punched with a ½” depth
- Cold rolled channel – available in multiple gauges
- Slotted track – available in 25 gauge to 14 gauge
- Fire track – available in multiple sizes
- Flex track – available in multiple widths and gauges
- Security mesh – available as heavy gauge mesh
- Metal lath – available in different types (expanded, flat, hi rib, etc.)
- Low wall/knee wall support – available for multiple wall heights and widths
We recognize that steel framing has become one of the best alternative building materials for commercial and residential construction, so we make sure that we’ve got everything you need to properly install and finish your metal framing and track.