Your Norfolk Metal Furring Channel and Steel Framing Supplies Leader
Commonwealth Building Materials maintains a complete line of ready-to-deliver metal framing for your residential and commercial building needs. The Norfolk yard carries one of the largest in-stock inventories of steel studs and track systems, metal furring channels, and other necessary accessories.
- Our steel frames are crafted from mill-certified galvanized steel and are available in a variety of sizes, lengths, and weights.
- We offer customers a practical and economical solution for attaching drywall to internal and external walls using Norfolk drywall furring channel.
- Our experts at the Norfolk yard will help you determine which steel framing best suits your building needs.
Products available in Norfolk include:
- Light gauge metal framing studs and track – designed for use in interior non-load bearing designs, manufactured in thicknesses from 15-33 mils
- Heavy gauge metal framing studs, track and joists – designed for use in curtain wall and load bearing applications, manufactured in 20 gauge to 16 gauge with flange/leg sizes ranging from 1 ¼ inch to 3 inches
- Shaft wall studs, track and jamb struts – created as rigid high performance products to maintain shaft wall integrity, manufactured in 25 gauge, 20 gauge and 18 gauge
- Metal furring channels – Available in 7/8” and 1-1/2” depths in 25, 20, 18 and 16 gauge
All of our metal framing studs and tracks are crafted from mill-certified galvanized steel. Our Norfolk metal furring channels offer customers a practical and economical solution for attaching fire and acoustic rated walls, stairwells, bulkheads and corridor ceilings to internal and external walls.
Construct corrosion-resistant walls using a Norfolk metal furring channel.
A Norfolk drywall furring channel is a hat-shaped corrosion-resistant framing component used to furr out masonry walls and ceiling assemblies.
- In concrete wall applications, the furring channel is installed vertically to the wall surface using concrete nails or power-driven fasteners. Gypsum panels are then screw-attached to the furring channels.
- In drop ceiling applications, furring channels can be attached directly to the underside of the building structure using Norfolk drywall furring channel clips, tie wire, screws or power-driven fasteners. Heavier gauge furring enables greater spans and loading capacity. Eighteen or 16 gauge furring is commonly used for purlins in exterior applications.
Consult with our experts in Norfolk and discover the product best suited to meet your project needs.
Our partners in steel framing are the best in the business.
Commonwealth Building Materials is proud to offer full manufacturer support for all of the construction aspects of our steel framing and accessories. We carry a large selection of steel from the top-rated manufacturers like:
- Flex-Ability Concepts
- JN Linrose
- MBA Metal Framing
- Niles Building Products
- Philips Manufacturing
- Radius Track
- Southeastern Stud
- Steel Structural Systems
- Super Stud
- The Steel Network
When you order your steel framing from us, Commonwealth’s knowledgeable team and state of the art fleet will deliver it to your jobsite. Or, customers may will call their order ahead of time for pickup at our Norfolk yard. We also offer full stock and scatter service, which means we will place the steel exactly where you need it.