Drywall and Joint Treatment
Your One-Stop Shop for Richmond Drywall, Joint Compound and Finishing Supplies
Commonwealth Building Materials provides a complete inventory of residential and commercial sheetrock and drywall finishing products.
- We provide the most innovative options in Richmond for types I-V construction applications.
- Our expert staff will help you select and order the best drywall and joint compound needed to complete your residential or commercial project.
- We know the environment, materials, usage and even climate all pay a role in your project.
It is important to choose the correct drywall product and joint compound that is appropriate for both the jobsite and the Richmond climate. Therefore, the inventory in our Richmond yard covers a variety of needs:
- Regular drywall
- Fire resistant sheetrock
- Moisture and mold resistant drywall.
We stock standard sheetrock sizes by top manufacturers such as National Gypsum, USG and Panel Rey. We also supply sheets in tapered and beveled finishes.
We offer drywall for both commercial and residential projects.
Our top-notch drywall is perfect for all uses. Some of these include:
- New construction
- Patchwork and quick fixes
- Fire retardant applications
- Soundproofing walls
- Carports, porches and semi-exposed structural areas
- Interior room needs, from kitchens to basements
In addition to standard drywall options, our Richmond inventory also includes a range of specialty products.
- Glass mat panels, which are gaining in popularity for being water resistant and stronger than conventional gypsum board, can be very helpful when working in storm prone and high humidity environments.
- For the under-layer for ceramic tiles, we sell tile backer. Easier to handle than cement board, it is ideal for bathroom remodeling, pool areas, and many other high humidity or wet areas.
Call us for a consult on the best drywall or specialty products for the Virginia climate.
Finishing with joint treatment creates a smooth, professional finish.
No job is complete without the proper compound to seal joints and create a seamless base for paint. Based on our years of experience working in surrounding areas of Richmond, drywall joint compound and various finishing products are top-of-mind among our specific recommendations to give your interior walls and ceilings a smooth, professional finish. Options include:
- Ready-mix joint compounds
- Setting type joint compounds
- Taping light joint compounds
The flexibility and plastic qualities of drywall joint compound also make it useful in decorative applications that range from texturing to architectural flourishes. Current mixtures are available in a range of slow-drying or quick-drying versions to suit specific needs of:
- Interior designers
- Home owners
Commonwealth Building Materials partners with top manufacturers to ensure quality drywall and finishing products are provided for our customers. Gold Bond, Ruco and USG’s Plus 3 products are just some of the brands we carry. If you’re ready to get started, we’re ready to help you determine what will work best to create your desired finish. We deliver to both commercial and residential builds to help keep your project on track.